Connections provides home based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children and adolescents under the age of 21 who demonstrate significant impairment in adaptive functioning that is related to either developmental delays or other health conditions.
- Communication difficulties such as delay in, or total lack of, spoken language; impairment in the ability to initiate or sustain a conversation;
- Social skills deficits such as difficulties in developing age appropriate peer relationships, impairment in the use of non-verbal behaviors such as eye contact and gestures to regulate social interaction;
- Aggressive, disruptive, unsafe behaviors or elopement;
- Significant delays in the activities of daily living including a lack of age appropriate bathing, eating, dressing and toileting skills.
- Improve the child’s adaptive behaviors;
- Train and support families and caregivers to successfully implement and sustain behavior interventions in the home;
- Coordinate with other service providers (occupational therapist, speech therapist, pediatrician, PCP and schools) in order to integrate and maintain behavior treatment plans.